Sunday, July 26, 2009

Vanity, vanity...

Yep, that's what this post is about. Mostly.

I follow the Blue Skunk Blog, which is an awesome technology/school library/education blog. I especially like keeping in touch with the K-12 world, since I hope to work there again someday. Additionally, the blog's author, Doug Johnson, often touches on issues that are just as relevant to higher ed as to K-12. I find that Mr. Johnson is adept at balancing an exploratory mindset toward how technology can help students with healthy skepticism about "the next big thing."

I have occasionally commented on his posts, and I sent an e-mail to him about a recent series of posts that imagined the school library of the future. He shared my e-mail (with permission!) on a recent post and I have a thrill of excitement over this.

So I am being vain and sharing that fact here.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Libby--I've noticed lots of CSAs in the Baltimore area starting to do pickups at farmer's markets, which is really nice. Make sure you sign up for CSA early--we had to sign up (and prepay) in March to guarantee a spot.

Astra Libris said...

Oooh, Libby, so cool! Yay you!!

P.S. Thank you for your "yea" vote on the simple guacamole! :-)