1. Hire a particularly gullible young librarian, and wait for her to get pregnant.
2. Make sure you schedule the shower during a week where the evening staff schedule is weird because of a state holiday the previous weekend.
3. Get the librarian to come in on what she's sure is a day off by asking her to come to an important (last minute) meeting--only after other staff attempts to get her in by more reasonable means fail due to stubbornness and third trimester fatigue.
4. Have her husband offer to accompany her to campus at the last minute on the day of the "meeting," then ask her to show him where she will be meeting.
5. Yell "Surprise!" and shower her with delicious food and thoughtful baby gifts.
6. NEVER let her forget how difficult it was to make her come to her own shower.
7. Using a book cart to store the gifts is optional.
BFTP: Ford or Chevy
10 hours ago