Monday, January 24, 2011

2011 Books Waiting to be Read

Some of the books that I'm most looking forward to reading this year (these are in no particular order):
  • The Pale Assassin by Patricia Elliott (reading right now)
  • Life Among the Savages by Shirley Jackson (reading right now)
  • The Ordering of Love: The New and Collected Poems of Madeleine L'Engle by Madeleine L'Engle (have dipped into, and will dip into again soon)
  • Heir Apparent by Vivian Vande Velde
  • A Conspiracy of Kings by Megan Whalen Turner
  • The People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
  • The Navigator by Eoin McNamee
  • The Dirty Life: On Farming, Food and Love by Kristin Kimball
  • I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett
  • Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool (2011 Newbery winner)
  • A Sick Day for Amos McGee by Philip and Erin Stead (2010 Caldecott winner)
  • A River in the Sky by Elizabeth Peters
Some of these were Christmas gifts to me, a few I ordered with a Christmas Amazon gift card, and others are just ones I want to read.

I also hope to continue reading POC books. My next post will sum up my 2010 POC challenge and plans for the future in terms of the POC challenge and other "personal edification" reading projects.

No comments: