Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Busy day!

What I've done today:
  • Attended a "webinar" (online FREE seminar) about using web 2.0 tools (like Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.) in academic libraries. It was excellent, and it was co-led by one of my classmates/Christian fellowship colleagues from library school!
  • Responded to e-mails from psychology professors and a patron looking for a bit of history/biography about {My university} (patron was directed to the university archives department).
  • Read a really informative e-mail from a library school colleague who is also a science librarian. I am NOT a science librarian but am going to be helping with a class period for an online Science and Technology Resources course because I am somewhat familiar with online/distance ed. resources. I am excited but nervous! I know next to nothing about helping with science questions!
  • Typed up the information I have gathered thus far about what we collect related to the American South for a meeting with a consortium group I'm working with. Discovered areas that I still need to investigate.
  • Helped some patrons (mostly visiting high school students).
  • E-mailed a few other people I know who are either scientists or science librarians to ask for help on above-mentioned assignment.
  • Read some blogs and am updating this one.
I feel like a real librarian today!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Glad you liked the webinar!

Astra Libris said...

Ooooh, did I catch the words "American South?" :-) I'd love to hear more about the project!

Quite an impressively busy day! Go Libby!