Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sweet success

The {My Local} Public Library is going to purchase the Marsden books! Hooray!!

In celebration (and because I like to have book covers on my blog, since I don't really post pictures), I am posting my review of the first book in the Ellie Chronicles:

While I Live (The Ellie Chronicles #1) While I Live by John Marsden


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
Amazing continuation of Ellie's story after the Tomorrow series--good balance of the day-to-day struggles and adrenaline-pumping action. Definitely made me cry. Waiting for the next one on ILL and feeling inspired to read about Australian history just to know more about Ellie's home country!


Also, I WON a free book from Goodreads:

Smart Mama's Green Guide: Simple Steps to Reduce Your Child's Toxic Chemical Exposure Smart Mama's Green Guide: Simple Steps to Reduce Your Child's Toxic Chemical Exposure by Jennifer Taggart







And finally, here are two upcoming books to look forward to:

Catching Fire (Hunger Games, Book 2)
Coming out September 2009.



Hamlet: A Novel
Coming out August 2009.



Happy reading! Happy weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What is goodreads again? I think you sent me a link before, but I don't really recall what it is.

Libby said...

GoodReads is a social network about books--basically, you make lists of books you have read, are reading, and want to read. You can create other mutually exclusive categories (I have "back burner" for ones that I've started but haven't read for awhile, and some people have "couldn't finish" shelves), and then a whole bunch of non-exclusive categories (for genres, favorites, etc.). www.goodreads.com